Last Saturday was the second installment of the Sturbridge Box Stitcherama with Thea of Victoria Sampler. The above picture is my progress before class started and the picture below is what I have finished so far. I really concentrated on the webcast because it went over the finishing of this lovely box.
I found all of it a little overwhelming and lost my stitching mojo on this project for a couple of days. But I am forging forward because I DO NOT want another WIP/UFO in my stitching basket. I have french knots to add to the vine and the box top is done. There are four sides to the box to stitch and a scissor keep and fob. If I have enough thread left I will stitch a small pincushion with the quilt motifs you see on the cover.
I did make a small change. The top had a partial alphabet and I am not fond of using partial alphabets, as much as I love an alphabet on a sampler. I changed it to read Sturbridge Village and I like the way it turned out. It will give people some idea of what the design is although it does look like a typical New England town.
I enjoyed the Stitcherama. It's the perfect setting for learning something new when you can't sneak away to a retreat. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day! Happy Stitching!