Thursday, April 5, 2012

Home from the Framers

This year I have been trying to minimize stash enhancement and work through my WIPs.  I have been doing pretty well although I do occassionally come across a chart or two that I MUST have.  The reason I am doing that is because I have a lot of unframed finishes stacked in a draw that really need to see the light of day.  I recently had these two framed and will hopefully be able to do a couple more next month.  the first is a Plum Street Design that I put in a basic black frame and the one below is Bent Creek Spring Snapperland, a recent WIP finish and thought wow, just in time for spring.

Here is a close up of the frame.  It is very antique looking and has beautiful scroll work in the moulding.  I have used this one before and love it.

I have been busy with spring cleaning and spring activities, baseball and such.  I did sneek in a Stitching Day with my Celebration girls last weekend and we had a blast.  I can always count on them to make me laugh until my belly aches no matter what I might be going through.  I had a tough week and needed the company of friends.  Thanks girls!!

I'll leave you with a pic of my girl Daisy.  She is just too cute and a love.  We are enjoying our springtime walks together and she loves just laying out in the sun on our deck.  Ah the life of a dog.  I chose this picture because this enormous dog loves the smallest of toys.  I fill her toy basket up with a variety of toys but she always digs deep to find the wee little ones.  Here she has a squeeky frog in her mouth and carries it around everywhere.  Too funny!
Well, back to work.  I have pins and needlebooks to make, pictures to take (WIP update), food to cook (for Passover) and kittens to tend to (they had spay surgery yesterday) as well as carting the boys around this afternoon.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and I thank you for stopping by.
Happy Stitching!

27 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Whew - reading about your activities for today made me tired, already! Great finishes. I know you'll enjoy having them displayed much more than hiding in the finishing drawer. :)

Shirlee said...

Nataly! Your framed pieces are gorgeous & Daisy is adorable : )

Carol said...

Life with those busy boys of yours, Miss Daisy, and the kitties sounds wonderful, Nataly... And your framed pieces are great--funny how we sometimes keep going back to the same frame we love it so much, isn't it?

Enjoy your Passover holiday...

Tricia T said...

What a cute picture of your dog! Aren't they funny?? I really like your framed Bent Creek piece. I always love them when they are stitched, but when I just look at the patterns I always pass them up. Why is that??? I need to just make myself stitch one!!!

Tricia

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I really like your commitment to minimizing your stash. We all have so many great designs that don't "see the light of day". "Dust of Snow" is one that is in my rotation. Yours looks wonderful! Daisy looks like such a sweet girl. Her picture just makes me smile!!!
Linda

Nancy said...

The framed pieces look beautiful! I too have a drawer full of finishes that need to be framed, you have inspired me to get on that very soon! Daisy is so adorable! Glad you got some quality stitching time with your friends, that's always a great pick me up!

P.J. said...

Awesome framed finishes. Look forward to your progress pics. My Basset loves the itty bitty cat toys, go figure! Love Daisy and her frog. You are busy bee today.

diamondc said...

Nataly: The picture of Daisy is way too cute, she is adorable.
I love your stitching the frames are beautiful.
Daisy keep mom on her yoes to get the framing done on the rest of her stitching we enjoy seeing the finished project.
Catherine

Sherry said...

Your framed finished projects are beautiful. I have not completed a cross stitch projects for some time and have a couple of finishes that need framing. Your pictures of you dog made me smile. My very large dog also loves small toys, but they don't usually belong to her. She is happy that the weather is better and we take more walks. Happy Spring.

Christine said...

Two lovely finishes

Barb said...

Nataly your Plum Street Sampler is lovely in its frame ,I have the chart and really must fit it in to the evergrowing pile to do.
Love the choice of frames . Oh Daisy you are just sooo cute and if that is a frog you have in your mouth you keep it there lol.
Happy Passover to you and yours.

Lelia said...

Wonderful projects. Always a good feeling to get needlework out of the kit and on to the walls.

Stitch Well today

btw, Daisy IS too cute!

MoonBeam said...

Love the Plum Street and Daisy...both are too cute!

Bobbi

valerie said...

Great framing Nataly! Daisy is so cute! Maybe the small toys make her feel dainty!

pam said...

Lovely finishes! I would want everything framed in the Snapper one. I really get stuck on a pretty frame.
Daisy just steals my heart. She is so pretty. You must come on the next stitching journey with Teresa and me.

Michele said...

Love your new framed pieces! Gotta love a big dog and a small toy. Mine do the same thing :)

Julie said...

Nice frames and pieces.I too have loads of pieces to get framed.Oh well one day.
Nice dog.We had a dog that always howled when ever he got hold of his squeaky toy.

Denise said...

Your cross stitch is great, but I have to say I love Daisy! She is beautiful!!

Veronica said...

The antique frame is lovely. I can see why you picked it again. Daisy is adorable. Seems like she's asking someone to come play with her in the picture :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Bekca said...

Gosh, you certainly have been busy with all of your Spring time activities. I'm glad you got a bit of time to stitch with your friends. The framed pieces look gorgeous, and Daisy is simply too cute.
Best wishes.

Lesleyanne said...

Great framed pieces. Daisy looks gorgeous.

Sally said...

Your framed pieces are gorgeous Nataly.

Daisy is so cute!

Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candi said...

Your framed pieces are beautiful... I m trying to finish some WIPs as well but having a hard time not starting all my new patterns!
Best wishes
~*Candi*~

Catherine said...

Your frame choices are perfectly Nataly!
Too funny about Daisy and the toys.
I only have three boys and no critters ~ phew....I don't know how you keep up!

Stitching Noni said...

Your framed pieces are lovely. Ooh I do love Great Danes - I have owned 4 & go into raptures of joy whenever I see one - just ask my husband! My Daisy, a large German Shepherd, loves to play with her toys and the cats toys which are considerably smaller than her toys!

Lynn said...

Your framed pieces are wonderful but I'm afraid that it's Daisy who has stolen my heart this post! She is one gorgeous girl!