Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Stitching Update

Now that our holidays are behind us and I have had a chance to relax a bit I can take some time to share with you what I have been up to.  Here is a quick snap of the table setting at Thanksgiving.  This was our 16th year hosting Thanksgiving and we have been using the same dishes since the first.
We have never broken a single dish.  Figures cheap dinnerware scathes misfortune but the fine crystal has succumbed to mishap.  Every year we manage to break a least one glass during the washing process. 
I have made placecards each year and fold the napkin differently each time.  Below is a close up of the placecard.  My brother says I am too elaborate but I just love taking some time out of the preparation to do something I enjoy--crafting.




This is a picture of my favorite dish.  It is a glass turkey that I use for the cranberry sauce.  I just love him.  Well, enough of that, how about some stitching.  I managed to stitch up this Cat's Whiskers design which was way deep in my stash pile.  I didn't like the color of the silk it came with so I switched it out with a Silk n Colors--Autumn Leaves It is stitched on Light Mocha Belfast. This first pic shows the stitching complete. The following pics show you the finished scissor case.  I have made several of these and love them.


-front-

-back_
Can you see why I chose this floss color??  It matches my stork scissors which are now tucked safely inside

Since I updated you on our Thanksgiving I thought I would share this finish with you.  I stitched it in time for Thanksgiving but not enough time to have it framed.  It is Plum Street Samplers --Thankful for Thee.  It is stitched on 35ct Olde Town Blend by R & R with the called for NPI silks.  I just LOVE working with NPI.    Well, that's it for today.  My stitching chair is calling and I have two 12 hours work days ahead of me.  Thanks for stopping by. 
Happy Stitching






11 comments:

Vickie said...

Lovely stitching Nataly. And a beautiful table.

Anonymous said...

Nataly your Thanksgiving table looks beautiful!
The scissor case is beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and try to keep warm...

butterfly said...

Lovely table setting.
Love all your stitching just beautiful , hugs.

Chris said...

Your table is gorgeous Nataly.
I love your Thanksgiving stitching too.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a pretty table. Love your color changes. That floss matches your scissors perfectly. So nice!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You set a gorgeous table Nataly! And your Thanksgiving piece and sweet scissors pouch are perfect!

pam said...

Love the scissor keep. Thanksgiving table looks great.

diamondc said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving and Chanuka: I love the holiday season, I like to get together with our Families.
Love the scissor pouch such a beautiful color thread.


Catherine

Andrea said...

Beautiful stitching. Your Thanksgiving table looks lovely.

Catherine said...

Beautiful table and stitching!!

Bekca said...

Your Thanksgiving table looks charming, I love the placards :)
Best wishes and happy stitching to you.