Monday, August 16, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

This weekend flew by. We decided we needed to connect with nature and took the boys for a hike. I'm not sure it classifies as a hike but we climbed Blue Hills here in Massachusetts. The view is beautiful. There are lots of rocks for the boys to climb and it is were the Weather Observatory is located. This observatory has lots of history behind it by why bore you with the facts.



The start
The rocks!

Lookout Tower

Hazy view of Boston from the summit

Weather Observatory



I want to thank all of you for your kind comments.  I  enjoy hearing from each and every one of you.  For those of you following the kitten trail,  I want to let you know that everyone is doing remarkably well.  Mom is doing a great job and the babies look as if they have doubled in size already.  It is really tough to get pics but I have a day 4 pic. As you can see, My Cat Person couldn't resist a pet!  But mom, they're sooooo soft! I can't help it!  Now maybe some time to stitch!  I am having fun with the Just Cross Stitch Halloween Ornament Issue.  I want to stitch so many of them, if I could just find the time.  I will post pics when I finish them into something.  Happy Stitching and thanks for following.

7 comments:

Myra said...

The kittens are so cute. My Halloween issue arrived today and I can't decide what to stitch first!

DonnaTN said...

The view from your hike was neat! I think the Halloween issue gets better every year. I can't decide which to do first. The kittens are so cute. How long will you continue to foster the new family?

Carol said...

What a great place for a hike, Nataly! We used to hike with my boys when they were younger and I really miss it. Great view of Boston (one of my favorite cities!), too.

The kitties are lucky to have you caring for them :)

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely pictures of the hike. Those kittens are sooo cute.

Cheryl said...

Enjoyed your pictures! Lovely

Jayne said...

Oh how those pictures took me right back to Mass. I think you have answered a question which boggled my mind earlier this morning.
Be always in stitches.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great pics! I'm trying to get out a little more myself and go for hikes in Gatineau Park, right in my own backyard and I never use it.

Ooooh kitties!

Blog Archive