Friday, September 30, 2011

iStitch Mystery SAL Part 5 complete


Here is my Part 5.  I finished it over the weekend and love how it is progressing. I am looking forward to the next installment and love that the parts are small enough to finish up quickly and keep up with the SAL.
The weather has been hot and humid for this time of year and I snapped this picture of my puppies this week.  The brown one is my old lady, Jessie, she is nearing 12 and spends most of her days napping and running in her sleep.  Next to her, Daisy, oh my, Daisy.  She is now tipping the scales at 120lbs and can walk right over Jessie.  She is all legs and stretches right out on the deck leaving little room for anything/anyone else.

This weekend will be a busy one.  We have football and concession stand duties as well as Sunday school.  We also wanted to make it to the Deerfield Fair in my parents town.  I worked this fair as a teenager and haven't been there in a long time.  Care to guess where I worked??  Um, let's see, the NEEDLEWORK building.  I did demos: braiding rugs, crochet, embroidery, punch needle during the fair and answered anyone's questions. I loved it and want to see if the building is still as big as it used to be.  The last fair there were not many cross stitch or counted thread entries and I hope to see more.  Very little time to stitch this weekend but I hope to cross a few stitches.  Have a great Friday/ weekend my friends.  Happy Stitching!

13 comments:

Sally said...

Your part 5 looks lovely. I must get mine done this weekend if I can.

Oh your dogs are adorable!

CalamityJr said...

That SAL is turning out to be such a lovely piece. Sounds like you have a fun, if busy weekend planned. Enjoy!

Teresa said...

Your sampler is coming alony lovely. Don't like hearing it is hot and humid. Have fun in Deerfied.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Lynn said...

I have been really enjoying this SAL. It's coming along so nicely.
It's been humid here as well. We are expecting rain all weekend and then we are promised colder weather. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that!
I can't believe the size of Daisy now!!

butterfly said...

SAL looking very nice, i am also looking forward to the next part. Have a great weekend.

Michele said...

Your SAL is looking great! I'm just loving it and seeing all the other stitchers progress.

I had to LOL about your pups. Our Maddy is almost 12 and she runs in her sleep to! growls and barks occasionally too!

cucki said...

hello dear, your sal is looking so lovely..
aww sweet dogs..
keep well and happy stitching xx

Kathy Ellen said...

Beautiful progress on your Mystery Sampler. Love those great dogs...oh for the sweet life of a dog...just to lie in the sun, without a care in the world!

Have fun at the Deerfield Fair this weekend with your family. Hope you have a little time for some stitching too!

Theresa said...

Your SAL is looking really nice!!!!!! Love that color you choose~~ And your puppies are soooo cute sun tanning on the deck~~

Janet said...

love your needle work. Thanks for stopping by and visiting me!!!

Joysze said...

Pt 5 looks great, and your puppies are adorable. :)

Denise said...

Hello Nataly,

All your work looks great! Looking forward to seeing you and Carol in about a week. Enjoy your time with the first two retreats!

Denise

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your iStitch SAL is looking awesome, I wish I had gotten in on that one!

Blog Archive