Monday, February 17, 2014

A Lot of snow results in a bit of stitching

Well,  the weather HAS been frightful.  I have had my fair share of shoveling, snow and cold.  I am hoping that spring will arrive sooner rather that later.  The good part about snow is that I have been able to get some stitching time in.  I am sharing with you a finish that I did in January but haven't had a change to post.  It is called Hibernation Day by Heartstring Samplery.  I changed and added a few colors and love the way it turned out.  I use 36ct Lakeside Linens Vintage Meadow Rue. The GAST that I used where Mulberry, Oatmeal, Grecian Gold, Old Hickory, Piney Woods, Endive, Wood Trail and Pecan Pie.









I think this part of the verse is perfect.  Who wouldn't like a pajama day in front of a warm fire with their loved ones.  Thank you Beth for a great design.  Loved every stitch. Happy Stitching everyone!!  Oh by the way more snow on tap for tomorrow because Saturday's 10inches wasn't enough. 

16 comments:

Ruth said...

Well, I for one say you have more than earned a Hibernation Day with your lovely stitching... and all that snow!

Good luck with the incoming flakes -- time to double up on the hot cocoa.

diamondc said...

Wow that is beautiful, I have to tell you it looks like the dog is ready to shovel some snow just the way the picture was taken.

I pray for warm weather everyday.

Happy Stitching
Catherine

Vicky L said...

Beautiful pictures! I know what you mean with the snow. I had enough of it too.

Hibernation sampler is gorgeous. Great job!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Hibernation Day seems to be appropriate, considering all the snow you have. Stay safe and warm! :D

butterfly said...

Beautiful snow photos , it looks pretty.
Love your stitching .

Chris said...

Gorgeous finish Nataly! I am sorry that you guys keep getting hit. Stay warm and safe.

Vickie said...

What a fantastic finish Nataly! A lot of hibernation days around here because of plenty of snow drifts!!

Shirlee said...

Beautiful finish & gorgeous snow!

Kate said...

Gorgeous finish

pam said...

lovely snow and stitching fun

Maggee said...

Cute winter-y piece that you stitched! Nice project to work on while the snow falls... your yard pictures are so lovely! Hugs!

Bekca said...

I've just added this pattern to my wish list, what a gorgeous verse! Your finished piece looks lovely. The pictures of the snow are beautiful Nataly, but I bet you're ready to see the last of it.
Best wishes.

Carol said...

Oh, that is a darling finish, Nataly--and perfect for the kind of winter we've endured this year :)

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fantastic design, just perfect for the winter. Every Sunday we have been having a hibernation day with my son in his pyjamas curled up next to me on the sofa while I stitch and we watch a film together.
Bliss!

Anonymous said...

I love this... Going to stitch this for my DH. Thank you for sharing the specifics of your masterpiece ;-) Plans to frame it?