Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Niky's Creations World of Smalls 2013

Last year I participated in World of Smalls by Niky's Creations.  It was an all inclusive kit that was mailed in three parts.  I finished the stitching long ago but finally got around to putting it together.  Niky's designs are primitive in style and she mixes crochet and wool in along with cross stitch.  There is a needlebook, scissor fob, and little ditty bag to tuck it all inside. Lots of fun.

I very rarely share framed pieces but thought I would show you my By the Bay SAL piece.  What I like about Donna's pieces is that she tries to size them to fit in a standard frame.  This one is 3.5 x 5 and I found it at Michaels.  I was able to frame it myself which saved lots of cash (for stash).
Have you found any goodies from Nashville that you couldn't live without.  I always go over board and this year was no exception.  I loved La D Da new releases and Blackbird always has wonderful things.  Stacy Nash and Niky had great new designs as well.  See what I mean...the list goes on and on.  
I would love to know what caught your fancy in case I missed something... Happy Stitching

10 comments:

Myra said...

Lovely finishes Nataly! I like Donna's designs for the same reason. It is so nice to be able to buy a frame without breaking the bank.

Carmen Sutton said...

I spent some time in samplers not forgotten booth at market and i have to say her samplers were outstanding

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the lovely finishes! There were lots of designs from Nashville which I fancied, but I've reached a self-limiting mode because of excessive stash, so I just ordered two designs from Plum Street Samplers (Count Twice and the Beekeeper kit) :-)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful finishes! The World of Smalls collection looks lovely, and so does the framed finish. It's great that you were able to find a standard frame! That so rarely happens. :D

Shirlee said...

Lovely finishes : )

Marilyn said...

Nice finishes.
I bought La D Da's A Sister's Garden, the little Praiseworthy Stitches pincushion kit, and not a Nashville release, but With Thy Needle and Thread's Needlework Sampler.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Love the framing of your By The Bay piece, it is stunning.
The Nikys creation is beautiful.

Catherine

Andrea said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing.

Bekca said...

Your framed piece looks beautiful Nataly, you must be so pleased with it :)
Best wishes.

Jeanne said...

Nice framing job! I am glad there are more ideas around now for finishing item without framing because my wallet can't keep up with framing everything I finish. I am trying to do more mounting of my pieces and then taking them to be framed to try to save money too. (I don't trust the craft stores to mount/stretch my pieces and would rather do it myself if I can). Luckily I have not been very tempted by market this time so I'm stitching from stash.