Sunday, April 27, 2014

Framed Finishes

Please forgive me for the bad pictures.  I have had major issues with my camera and now my computer is acting up.  I would love to blog more frequently but because of these issues I find it rather frustrating.  Today seems to be working in my favor so here goes.  First up is Spring In The Tulips by Just Nan.  I used the recommended Belfast linen, DMC threads and overdyed threads.  I found this to be a LONG stitch project because of the repetition but persevered and love the finished product.  It truly reminds me of an antique sampler and is much prettier in person.  It has satin stitching and beads to add texture and a little bit of over 1.  I finished it and framed it just in time for spring.




Next is the Song of the Seasons by LHN.  I changed it up a bit as I didn't want to stitch the alphabet on it.  I am pleased with how it turned out and love the frame.  It really pulls the reds from the piece.  I used the recommended fibers and linen but would have preferred a less flimsy linen.  I find that when it doesn't have enough body to it tension is difficult.

And last is Hibernation Day by Heartstring samplery.  I chose a burled maple frame and I love the simplicity of it.  I feel it really adds to the overall look of the sampler.  I have all of my samplers on one wall in my home office so that I can enjoy them.  I don't hang my pieces seasonally as I don't have lots of them framed------yet.  


 Lastly, I will leave you with an update of the pup.  Maggie and Daisy are getting along beautifully.  She is growing by leaps and bounds.  Her paws are now the size of my hands and pretty near the size of Daisy's paws. She is tipping the scales at 35lbs and is only 15 weeks old.  The vet says she is on the smaller size for a dane but they said the same about Daisy and she is 31" tall at the shoulder and 120lbs.  Ladies and gentleman, that is not a small dog.  I love to hear the padding noise of Maggie's feet when she crosses the kitchen floor.  Too Cute. Here is a pic of Daisy being a fabulous big sis and tolerating puppy behavior.
On the stitching front, I am working on Rebecca by Kathy Barrick Designs, Shores of Hawk Run by Carriage House, January Cat by NikysCreations, and Randje per Week by Annelies and Simone.
What are you stitching??  I would love to know if you stitch seasonal items, SAL, or do you stitch whatever you feel like working on??  Do you find that you choose small projects or large?  What ever it is that catches your fancy I hope you enjoy the process.  Happy Stitching!

25 comments:

Anne said...

Wonderful framed finishes Nataly! The Just Nan design is perfect for spring! The photo of Maggie and Daisy is so adorable. She is gorgeous! Great Danes are beautiful dogs and so large!

Jannie said...

Love your finishes! Especially love the poem on Hibernation Day. Thx for sharing.

Karyn said...

Oh Nataly, your finishes are just stunning! Your stitches are so perfect, and I just love the colors in each! I have no favorite as each one just takes my breath away…the frames are perfect!
Daisy is quite the sweet big sis, and Maggie seems very much settled in…they are so beautiful.
Thanks for the pics
Hugs
Ma

Krista said...

Lovely stitching, Nataly! Love the new spring finish. A really sweet design! I am working on a few at once too! The one I seem to be favoring most right now is Scarlet Letter's American Quaker, but also have Gigi R's Saxony ATS started, and also and randje SAL.

CathieJ said...

Great finishes. They make me want to go and stitch right now. Your frames complement the pieces beautifully. Love the dogs too. I agree that these are not small dogs but still so cute and lovable.

Kay said...

Beautiful stitching. I have to admit to getting bored and therefore working slowly with some patterns too.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful frames! All three pieces look stunning. :D I really stitch whatever I feel like, unless something comes up like a traveling pattern or exchange. In that case I drop everything I'm working on and stitch that!

Frances said...

What beautiful finishes! The stitching and the framing are both lovely!
Precious dogs--and you are right--not small!! But they both look sweet and loving!
I stitch whatever I want, but I concentrate on seasonal ornaments-I have a tree that I decorate for each holiday. It's been a fun project and you can always stitch and add another one! Great fun!

cucki said...

Beautiful finishes..frames are so lovely too..
Sweet dogs..
Big hugs x

Carol said...

How nice that Daisy has taken so well to Maggie :) Love all those framed pieces, too, Nataly!

Adria said...

Love your dogs. We have three and they get along just as well as yours. Love your finishes. I seem to work on whatever catches my fancy. Working on Pink Sparrow by With Thy Needle on 40 count. Seem to be drawn to modern samplers lately.

Mouse said...

gorgeous finishes ... I have got the song of the seasons and don't like the feel of the fabric that came with it like you say rather flimsy/floppy .. so probably change it ...
love the photos of the furbaby's and hmmm stitching on everything I can to get them finished or started ..lol love mouse xxxxx

Teresa said...

Love the finishes. Can't believe we both left of the alphabet on the mystery piece.
Cute new puppy.

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching, and puppy.
Lovely post.

Marilyn said...

All of your framed pieces look so pretty.
What a great big sis Daisy is, the dogs are beautiful.
Right now I am working on Queen Mermaid. I usually don't do such large pieces, but I really "needed" to do this one. lol
Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Nataly your framed finishes are beautiful! Love your choices in the frames. I love the picture of Maggie and Daisy! So sweet! Daisy is very patient with Maggie! They are beautiful dogs!! Happy Stitching!

Vickie said...

Wonderful finishes. AND frames! The girls looks so good together. :)

Angela said...

You are amazing!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! These are beautiful framed pieces.

Daisy and Maggie look very cute together.

I would love to see your stitching progress on Rebecca. I love that bunny! I am currently stitching Seven Sheep sampler - it's the biggest sized one I've ever done!

Shirlee said...

Beautiful finishes, & Maggie & Daisy look so cute : )

Terri said...

Congrats on the very nice finishes!

Sweet puppies!!!

Maureen said...

Gorgeous finish and those dogs are too cute!

Bekca said...

All three of your framed pieces look amazing Nataly, you must be really pleased with them. Thanks for the Maggie update! Both pups look so cute. I definitely stitch what I want when I want, I'm no good with rotations :)
Best wishes.

Stitchinowl said...

Hi Nataly,
Love your finishes, especially Hibernation Day - great frame choice. Thanks for the puppy update and sharing the adorable photo of Daisy and Maggie. They seem to be getting along great!
Carolyn

Meg said...

Hi, Nataly! I found your blog when I was searching for images of Heartstring Samplery's "Hibernation Day." I love your finish. I stitched it earlier this year and am now searching for the right frame for it. Anyway, I was wondering what color thread you used (if you remember) for the house on the right? In the original pattern, it has no color charted, so the color of the linen shows through. I really like the color you chose.

I have a blog myself, relatively new, and I don't post as often as I would like to, but I would love to have you visit: http://livetostitch.blogspot.com

Have a great day!