Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Been Stitching, How about you??

I've been stitching and finishing and so much more.  It has been a little hectic around here.  It started with a surprise on a Friday night a little over a month ago.  I have wanted to get a new pup since our sweet Jessee passed away over a year ago.  Our Dane, Daisy seemed a bit mopey and lonely (probably just in my head)  The breeder that we got Daisy from had a beautiful litter of blues (2 boys and 2 girls) and I spied the cutest little girl in the lot.  I begged, I harassed, I pleaded only to be greeted with an emphatic "No!"  Well, much to my surprise, the day I showed interest my hubby went and reserved her. Weeks before she could even come home to us. He brought her home on a Friday night when I thought he was out having dinner with his brother.  She is the sweetest thing ever!!  My hubby named her Maggie and I call her Maggie Moo.  She is growing daily and I am loving every minute.  Here are a few pics of my sweet girl.




Okay, enough puppy pics.  Lets get down to some stitching.  I have lots to share but will keep it short with a promise to return soon. First, Primitive Hare freebie stitched for Valentine's day and stuffed with Walnut Shells to give it weight.  I used R&R fabric with WDW Baked Apple thread.

Next is Little Snow by Lizzie Kate.  Great kit stitched with included linen and DMC floss.  Framed it with a sweet little frame I found at Michaels.  You may notice the charm is not lying flat.  I fixed it after this photo was taken.  OOPS!

Next is a great little kit from Stacy Nash.  It's been in the stash for over a year but all of you folks participating in the Stitch from Stash have prompted me to have a look in my treasures.  I stitched this with hopes of springs arrival. I know it's on its way but it is taking it's sweet old time.  I used everything that came in the kit. 

That's it for today.  I am so happy you stopped by to visit and take a look at what I have been up to.  Off to take the puppy out and feed her dinner.  (Clearly treating her like a newborn and loving it)  Hope you are crossing some x's Happy Stitching!



23 comments:

valerie said...

OMG, Maggie is just so cute and tiny! Had to imagine Daisy was that tiny once too. Great finishes Nataly...they are all so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Nataly I was so happy to see an update on your blog. Maggie is beautiful what a sweet thing your husband did. Love all your finishes! I have that bunny one in my stash maybe I will take it to Jamicia with me!

Vickie said...

Your stitching is wonderful, but Maggie, Maggie is fantastic! Good for all of you. My husband is the same way. ;) He says no more dogs, and then... Well, then he gets me another.:)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet precious girl! I don't know how you are going to get a thing done with all that cuteness around. Love the finishes too. All kinds of sweetness in your post today!

Teresa S. said...

Love the safety pin and button idea on the Stacy Nash pincushion! I might have to just copy that :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congrats on the new puppy! She looks so sweet. Beautiful stitching and finishings, too! :D

Terri said...

Oh, she is so precious and gorgeous! Congrats on the new addition!

Love your stitching!

Cindy's Stitching said...

WOW, that is one of the most beautiful dogs ever. The both look so cute together. It made me smile. Your stitching pieces are so pretty and finished beautifully

Keeper of the Crowes said...

She's adorable, Nataly. No wonder you fell in love with her!!! So happy for you.

marly said...

Hope to see much more of Maggie. What a sweet face!

Mouse said...

awwww she is adorable and sooo pleased that Daisy seems to be taking to her too ... gorgeous stitching as always love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

Aww your puppy is so sweet...
Sweet stitching and pretty finishing..
Hugs x

Bekca said...

Maggie is gorgeous! I bet it's so nice for Daisy to have a little friend to play with. Great stitching too, isn't it amazing what you can find in the depths of your stash? I know I've found a couple of surprises!
Best wishes.

Marilyn said...

Oh, Maggie is soooooooooooo cute!
You did a great job on all of your finishes, very pretty.
Marilyn

Carol said...

What a cutie-pie, Maggie is!! I'm sure Daisy is pleased to have a new friend in the house.

Lovely stitching, Nataly--I hope things are warming up for you in New England :)

Andrea said...

Natly ... what a cutie Maggie is, she looks so soft and cuddly in your photos. Beautiful stitching.

Michele said...

Maggie is definitely a keeper! Can't wait to see more and more pictures

Love your stitching and finishing!

Belinda said...

Maggie is gorgeous!! What a beautiful photo of the two together. Lovely stitching and finishing too. :)

Julie said...

Maggie is adorable.What a wonderful surprise.

Anne said...

Awww! Maggie is so sweet and just too cute!! Give her a little squeeze for me! Wonderful stitching and beautiful finishing. The Stacy Nash design is perfect for spring!

Shirlee said...

Such a cute new addition to your home! Lovely finishes too : )

Maggee said...

Cute puppy! Look at those expressions on her face... Don't you just wonder what they are thinking! Very nice finishes! I look forward to more! Hugs!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching. Your puppy is so so so gorgeous and cute!