Tuesday, September 23, 2014

New Season, New Starts


If you have followed my blog you may have noticed that I am not really a seasonal stitcher.  I am not fast enough to stitch and finish something to enjoy for a particular season so I work on whatever catches my eye for the moment.  I recently finished Block 10 of Shores of HRH so I rewarded myself with this little Just Nan Exclusive.  It is a Thread or Scissor Pocket and I am enjoying working on the opalescent fabric. 
Just Nan Thread Keeper

I also started Son #3 Bar Mitzvah sampler.  He has been asking when I was going to get to it and I figured I should get it done before Son #4 is called to the torah on 12/13/14.  Yes it has taken me 2 years.  What took so long you may ask. Well problem #1 is finding a bar mitzvah sampler when you have already stitched two of them and second I had to tweek the design I did find and that took some doing.  Then of course color choices and doubt about color choices.  Putting all of that aside I have started it and it is stitching up quickly. 
Bar Mitzvah Sampler

I am so busy with the start of school, finalizing plans for a bar mitzvah and working that I thoroughly enjoy putting needle to thread.  It doesn't happen often but when it does I don't want to move from my nest. I will leave you with a pic of the Danes who bring me joy, laughter and frustration on a daily basis. Have a great week and Happy Stitching!





8 comments:

diamondc said...

Beautiful choice for your new stitching project, I look forward to seeing the finished HRH.

Love the dog pictures.

Catherine

marly said...

I never saw that type of fabric. Looks like a lovely project. And cute dogs too!

Hazel said...

Beautiful project and love the opalescent fabric. I have been eyeing that up for a while. X

cucki said...

Lovely project
Happy stitching x

Terri said...

Gorgeous stitching and I LOVE the dogs! They look so sweet!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Can't wait to see your progress :D

Mouse said...

I too stitch what ever I fancy when ever always running late for the seasons.. good luck with finishing DS's piece and awwwww love the furbabies hasn't the wee one grown sooo much :) love mouse xxxxx

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the pictures of the Danes especially the one with the Red Sox blanket. Where did you get it?

Robin in Virginia