Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Paper Flowered Eggs

My stitching mojo has been absent.  Some times things just sap all of your energy and you need a mindless task.  I usually ruche ribbon for finishing pincushions and pillows but this time I set out on a new task.  I was looking for something spring like to decorate with but not Easter.  So I decided to cover styrofoam eggs with paper flowers.  I hot glued each flower on and it took a while but it was a rewarding task.  I love the way they turned out. 
 

 
 
 
Looks like spring isn't on it's way quite yet.  We got 6 inches of snow with lots of rain on top of that and now it is all frozen solid.  They are predicting another 3" for tomorrow and a possible storm on Monday.  Good thing I brought spring indoors!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stitching!
 

20 comments:

Julie said...

Pretty..In that cage it looks very french style. :)

Teresa said...

Love the eggs in the bird cage.
Sorry about your stitching mojo, it happens to us all.
My son in ND had a snow day on Monday, he must have sent all the snow your way.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

pam said...

Love the floral eggs! great idea- in my fantasy life i would have time to do some:) Hugs

Vickie said...

What a pretty idea Nataly. Spring is not here yet either.

Carol said...

Such a lovely idea, Nataly! And they do look so spring-like displayed in the wire birdcage... We have to make our own spring this year, I guess--it is in the 30s here, too!!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Great idea, especially love the yellow covered one - pretty.

Emma/Itzy said...

These looks great :) I hope your stitching mojo comes back soon!

Ruth said...

Absolutely adorable!!!! What a wonderful ode to Spring!

Michele said...

what pretty eggs :)

cucki said...

Aww such a sweet idea xx

Catherine said...

Love this!! Very nice way to display as well. I do believe the groundhog was a little off this year....

twinpeakprimitives said...

It is a brilliant idea!
Loved it!

Anonymous said...

Nataly the eggs are beautiful!! You are so creative...

Anne said...

The paper flowered eggs nestled in the cage is perfect for Spring! Hopefully the snow will melt soon and flowers will peep up from the ground.

Unknown said...

I've never thought to make flowered eggs. They're so cute Natalie!!

Hugs…Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

dixiesamplar said...

Wow, those are so lovely in your bird cage...what a great idea, Nataly!

Bekca said...

What a brilliant crafty idea! I hope your stitchy mojo returns soon Nataly :) I can't wait for warmer weather, I'm sick of grey skies and drizzle!
Best wishes.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Beautiful idea and gorgeous finish! I bet a whole bunch of these would look lovely in a pretty bowl as a table centerpiece! Hope the sun comes your way soon :)

Bine said...

Love your flower eggs. What a great idea!

diamondc said...

Nataly: You have inspired me to try this lovely idea, I love decorating eggs, these will last from year to year.
Thank-you for sharing your idea.
Happy Spring
Catherione