Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Winter Stitched With Love Exchange

 
Last month I participated in the Cozy Winter Exchange hosted by Lainey on the Stitched with Love Exchange Blog.  I received the most delightful package from Lisa.  She sent me this cute winter themed pillow and a box of lovely goodies. I love the attention to detail on the pillow from the flower buttons to the ribbon and pin accenting the top.  Thanks Lisa!
 

The pictures below are what I sent to Lori. Some hot cocoa for those cold winter days and some stitching accessories. 

This is the piece I stitched for her.  It is called Old Man Winter from Val's Stuff. I used a purple linen because that is one of Lori's favorite colors. The fabric below the stitched piece is what I used to back the designs.  I chose threads to match the fabric and think they compliment each other quite well.  I then added a ruched ribbon trim.  I hope you liked it Lori!

 
I am currently working on the Spring Exchange for Stitched with Love and I am quite pleased with the results.  It involves lots of steps and I can't share any of it with you yet but I will soon.
What on your stitching agenda??  Are you working on a WIP or something new?  I would love to know!  Happy Stitching!
 

18 comments:

Stitchinowl said...

First, I love, love, LOVE the Old Man Winter pillow you sent your exchange partner. The lavender fabric you used really makes the piece a standout! I have to put Old Man Winter on my list of charts to buy - it's too cute. The pillow you received is also lovely.
Carolyn

diamondc said...

I want to tell youthat the purple fabric is perfect for the Old Man Winter he is adorable, the backing fabric is perfect for him.
Hot chocolte sounds so good yum.
The pillow she sent you si so sweet love the flower buttons.The ribbon with the mitten is so cute.
Catherine

Giovanna said...

They're both lovely pieces, well done to both of you!

twinpeakprimitives said...

They look so pretty!
Beautiful stitching-well done!

Greetings

butterfly said...

Love both of the exchanges , beautiful stitching, hugs,

gracie said...

Two lovely exchanges...

Christina said...

Old Man Winter looks fab on the purple linen - my favourite colour too!
I have just finished the 'Hop into Spring' exchange and sent it off. Fingers crossed the recipient likes it as much as I do! ;0)

Maggie said...

Lovely gifts, both sent and received :-)

cucki said...

Very sweet gifts..I love them all so much x

Catherine said...

Great exchange goodies!!

Ellen said...

Beautiful exchanges! I especially love your Old Man Winter pillow, so gorgeous!

Hugs,

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Wonderful gifties both given and received! The lavender fabric is really pretty along with your beautiful stitching. Can't wait to see what you're working on now. Sounds intriguing.

Lisa V said...

I'm soo pleased you liked your parcel Nataly. The pillow has to be one of my favourite finishes.
Hugs

Shirlee said...

Wonderful goodies both sent & received!

Chris said...

What a fabulous exchange! The stitched pieces are so wonderful.

Maggee said...

Looks like a very successful exchange! What is the name of the piece you received? Looks like LHN but I don't know it. Your piece you stitched is adorable!! Hugs!

Bekca said...

Cosy is one of my favourite words :) Beautiful exchange pieces! I'm working on a couple of projects at the moment, and an Easter card for my grandmother :)
Best wishes.

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely design. Looks great on the purple fabric. Great exchange received and given - well done :)