Monday, March 18, 2013

When life gives you snow . . . Make snow forts

Once again we are bracing for a snow storm.  The last storm we were told that we would get a slushy 2 inches which quickly turned into 15 inches and a day off from school.  My boys spent the bettter part of the afternoon building an igloo.  It was lots of fun seeing them work together and enjoying the outdoors.
 
I have recently been stitching from magazines and found this in last month"'s Cross Stitch and Needlework.I finished it a while ago but hadn't had a chance to photograph it.  It is Key to My Heart by Cherrywood designs. I stitched it on 30 ct For the Cure linen by R & R.  I used the recommended threads and was less than thrilled that you couldn't see the words very clearly.  Since my time is so limited for stitching right now the prospect of frogging had me thinking why not just leave it.  You can see it up close and once I back the linen to make it into a pillow I think it will show up a little more.  Otherwise, oh well!!  I can't spend time stressing over my hobby when my job saps every ounce of energy from me. 


 
On  my hoop is Block 5 of Shores by CHS and I am working on a SAL with Carol.  I hope to have part one done this week so that I can share it with you.  I have also finished up 2 exchange pieces which I can't share quite yet but I am pleased with how they turned out.  One is a box and the other is a needlebook.  I hope you are all happily stitching.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving such encouraging comments.  I love hearing from each and every one of you.
 

18 comments:

Maggee said...

I love the heart piece! Maybe once it is all finished, the writing will show better... It is still quite lovely! Have a fun snowy time!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

What a great fort!!!I love your heart piece and think that the writing is fine. I know you are going to be happy when it's finished.

Sue N. said...

The heart is very pretty and I like the lettering as is. It's subtle but still readable.

Barb said...

I think the words are quite readable. The design is lovely!!I look forward to seeing your progress on Shores. The chart is still sitting in my stash!

Beth said...

I really like your heart and can read the words quite easily so don't stress about it. Stay warm and dry now!

cucki said...

Super sweet heart..lovely stitching..
Stay warm..
Hugs x

Chris said...

That is a great snow fort! Your stitching is lovely too. What a pretty design.

Peggy Lee said...

I saw that one in my magazine too and really liked it. I agree about the color of the words but you stitched it beautifully. I think they will be better seen once you've finished it.

I know kids like snow, especially when it results in a day off from school but even ONE inch of snow is to much for me!
~hugs

Stitchinowl said...

Pretty finish. I agree about the words, but don't stress about it. The soft color of the words does "work" with the overall softness of the piece, so it's all good.
Carolyn

Catherine said...

Love your sweet stitches! And the igloo ~ how fun! Was there an epic snowball fight afterwards? My youngest would have asked to spend the night in there if it was his fort!

Vickie said...

Cool igloo. This would be the first year my kids haven't gone sledding or built a fort. Kinda sad actually. I do realize they grow up though.
I like that piece a lot.
I hope you have a stress free day today Nataly.

pam said...

Great piece even if words are hard to see. I do know how you feel about limited stitching time these days. Snow fort looks fun too.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I like that one. It's on my "to stitch" list. Looks pretty!

Bekca said...

I hope work calms down for you soon Nataly, I'm glad stitching is keeping you sane :)
I look forward to seeing your exchange pieces, best wishes.

Ruth said...

Beautiful stitching -- I too get so annoyed when the threads don't work out the way they need to, but I hope you know that your work is beautiful--- and you're right, your hobby shouldn't stress you out! Yup, that's definitely what work is for.

Have fun building new fortifications!

Anna van Schurman said...

That's really cute! Magazines can be so iffy, though. I hardly ever buy them. I think you're right about lining it. Should help. Great job!

Melinda said...

They look like they are having so
much fun.
Enjoy the snow!

M :)

Anonymous said...

What a great fort!! I really like the heart piece. I think it will be fine. It is so delicate and very lovely!!