Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Beauty in Simplicity

I have made it home after a very long stretch of being away.  It was soooooo good to see my boys (hubby included) and furbabies.  The retreats went well and I enjoyed meeting so many fellow stitchers.  I hope I was able to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable at the retreat.  The foliage was beautiful most of the week.  These first couple of pictures were taken from across the lake of the Enfield Shaker museum.  We only had a couple of days of rain.  I have also included a picture of the project that Belinda of Blue Ribbon Designs created for the May 2010 retreat.  I stitched this one twice.  Once for me and once for the shop.  I think she captured the essence of the museum and surroundings in her piece.


I am off to catch up on household things and will be back soon.  I have so many things to share with you but it will have to come after I take care of the house.  Happy Stitching!!


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your time in NH! What gorgeous scenery! I love the piece that Belinda created for your retreat in 2010 along with this year's treasure. That miniature chair is precious!

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva at gmail dot com

Lynn said...

Glad you enjoyed the retreat. I saw some of the lovely scenery on Belinda's blog as well. It looks like a lovely spot for a retreat. Belinda's design is very fitting and I'm sure the ladies had fun stitching it.

Tricia T said...

Someday, someday, someday I would like to go to that retreat! I've never been out east and it would be such a treat!!!!

cucki said...

so glad that you enjoyed the retreat..
lovely pictures indeed..
keep well dear and see you soon.
hugs xxx

Penny said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures, they're beautiful. I love the piece Belinda designed ~ lovely stitching.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh those pictures of the fall leaves are gorgeous.

I can't wait to see what you have for us. I really am going to a retreat one day. I would love to go to the one where your at. I just need to get closer to the east coast. :)

What a beautiful project. Thanks for sharing.

Mouse said...

ohhh lovely photos and the stitching is beautiful ... love the smalls to go in the box just perfect :) love mouse xxxx

Shari said...

gorgeous pictures.....wow...and the stitched pieces are perfect!

valerie said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful time and the photos are gorgeous! The project looks amazing...can't believe you stitched it twice but it's a lovely design.

Kerry said...

This is my first visit to your blog, I love it. Hope you have some time to visit mine. Love the East coast of the USA my husband and I were in Maine and NH last year at this time to celebrate our anniversary. So beautiful in October with all the leaves and their colours.

Theresa said...

Beautiful project and beautiful scenery!!!!! Sounds like a perfect retreat to me~

Catherine said...

From all the reports I've read and pictures I've seen, everyone had a wonderful time!

Lesleyanne said...

Great pictures from the Retreat. Glad you had a lovely time. Your stitching is gorgeous.

Bekca said...

Your stitching looks wonderful Nataly, I hope you enjoy being home at last. Best wishes.

Berit said...

All three images are so pretty! :D

DonnaTN said...

Your retreat pieces are gorgeous! I should get mine and work on them. They are too pretty to lie in the UFO pile. Wish I could have been there to see the beautiful trees.