Saturday, October 22, 2011

Kitten Update

Jilly



Leo

Here's the latest!!  Leo and Jilly have found their forever homes.  It was a busy day here today.  Yesterday, I had a gentleman stop by to view the kittens and he and Leo hit it off.  He had just lost his cat after 19 years and is a single retiree.  I couldn't have asked for a better fit.  The smile on that gentleman's face was worth the ache in my heart.  He couldn't wait to get his "baby" home and show him the toys and bed he bought.  He named him "Boomer".  How cute is that!  Then today when I went to drop off the paper work from Leo's adoption I was explaining to the volunteer that we had one 12 week old kitten left to place and she said she had a young couple looking for a young cat.  We made arrangements for them to see Jilly.  Jilly is VERY shy and timid and I explained that to them before I showed her.  When we went into the room, she didn't run and hide.  She looked at them with this very curious look and even let them pet her.  I was amazed.  She must have sensed something.  The woman was immediately in love and couldn't leave without her.  It felt so good to see the joy on her face.  As hard as it is to let these furbabies go, I am smiling inside knowing that I have placed 5 beautiful cats into forever homes where they will be loved and nurtured.  Everyone asks me how I can let them go, and I want you to know it is NOT easy for me.  I love all animals but the reward for me is knowing that these families will have a furry friend to come home to.  Until next time, Happy Stitching and give all of your furbabies a hug from me.

14 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Thank you for taking care of these beautiful kittens.

cucki said...

they are all so special and i am so happy that they found their forever homes..
love for you and for all of them xxx

Mouse said...

awww so glad you have found the forever homes for the last two furbabies :) love mouse xxxx

Berit said...

I LOVE watching you foster kitten litters! :D

How is Sweet Mom? Thanks for your emotional bravery and for sharing with us. :D

diamondc said...

You are such a good pretend Mom how lucky they were to live with you for a short time.
Catherine
diamondc

gracie said...

I love happy endings...be brave my friend. You have done a wonderful service.

Jenny said...

Wonderful, but my heart aches a little with you too. I can only imagine how hard it must have been.

I'll snuggle a bit extra with Bubba tonight and pet all my feather-balls tomorrow.

Bekca said...

This was such a heartwarming post Nataly. It must be hard to let them go, but at least you're letting them go to place where you know they'll be loved.
Best wishes.

Teresa said...

So happy to hear everyone has their "forever home".
You do a good job raising them to leave the nest.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Hazel said...

So so sweet! I think Jilly is just too cute. x

LisaG said...

A lovely post, as a cat person I think it's wonderful that you've placed all the kittens in lovely homes.... even if it does make me cry reading about it :)

Leslie said...

Awwww! It is a nice thing to know that they will all be going to good homes. so cute.

Lynn said...

What you are doing here is an amazing thing Nataly! I know how difficult it must be for you parting with these little fur babies. It was so heartwarming to see them placed into loving homes. Thank you for what you are doing!

Melanie said...

So happy to hear these cuties made their way to their forever homes. :)