Friday, May 20, 2011

The Season for School Field Trips

The rain has finally let up and the school field trip that was cancelled due to rain last Wednesday was postponed to today.  I tend to chaperone alot of these trips because I am lucky enough to be a stay at home mom.  We live in a town that has lots of history embedded in it and today we learnt a piece of that history.  We visited the King Cesaer House.  Ezra Weston was a vessell builder.  (Ships and Brigs etc.) We toured the home which Ezra Weston II built.  The historical society has tried to restore it back to period era.  Of course,  what do you think caught my eye???  Historical SAMPLERS.  In EVERY room of the house.  I was total enthralled and looking at these and reading the verses.  Seeing which generation stitched it etc.  Can I share any photos with you??  No!!  They don't let you take pictures in the house.  UUUGGGHHHH!!  One of them has definitely been reproduced because I recognized it and I will have to go back to take a look at  the name on it again.  I really enjoyed catching a glimpse into this piece of history from a needleworkers point of view.  The sun is shining finally and the birds are singing!  Happy Stitching

1 comment:

Donna said...

To bad you couldnt take pics. Sounds like it was fun. Soooo glad we have sun