Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kitten Update and a Finish

Good News!  All of the foster kitties have found their forever homes.  Daisy was placed in a home with a young boy who recently lost his adult cat.  It was a surprise gift from his dad and I know he will be greatly surprised.  Jordan (aka Moses) and Oliver (aka Dexter) were a adopted by a wonderful young couple who also lost their adult cat due to cardiac arrest.  Sometimes in this process, I don't see the connection with the kittens and the potential adoptive family but in this case I was pleasantly surprised.  The husband and wife sat on the floor and 1 cat went to each of them and cozied right up.  The connection was so evident that I knew they were a match.  She has sent me wonderful emails and pics since the adoption and told me the kittens are inseperable.  I am so happy they will be together in a loving home.




I spent the weekend doing some finishing.  I made 5 ornaments and 2 pillows.  The Ornaments I will post at a later date and the other pillow is for a swap which can't be revealed yet.  That being said, that leaves this tooth fairy pillow.  My mom had asked me to make this for a friends daughter because she saw the one I made for my niece.   It is a design by Lizzie Kate.  I added a small heart shaped felt pocket to hold the tooth and ultimately the token from the tooth fairy.  I hope she likes it.

In a recent trip to Michaels, looking for DMC thread that they didn't have, I found these packets of assorted trims in the clearance section.  They were 50% off and I got them for .75 cents each.  They are great for doing some finishing and I loved the colors.  Besides, who doesn't love a bargin.



Well, back to stitching!  I hope you all have a wonderful week. Happy Stitching!

23 comments:

gracie said...

So glad the kitties have new homes. You are a caring lady to take care of them until they find a family.

Bekca said...

It's so nice to hear about the kittens you look after Nataly, I'm glad to see they've all found loving homes. The pillow finish is adorable and I look forward to seeing your finished ornaments. Bargains are the best!

Teresa said...

Cute tooth pillow, love it.
Wow what a wonderful bargain on the ribbon, I don't think any one could pass that up.
I am so happy all the kitties found forever homes.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Natasha said...

So happy to hear the kittens found their forever homes :) Love the Tooth Fairy pillow, that finish is super cute.
Take Care

cucki said...

so happy that they have new homes now..they are so sweet..
very cute finish..
love cucki xxx

Peggy Lee said...

Those kittens are just adorable! I'm glad they found good homes.
Love the tooth fairy pillow and what a great find in the trim! Lucky you!

Joysze said...

Cute ornie finish. That's wonderful news about the kitties. :D

butterfly said...

Love your little tooth pillow, So glad sweet kittens have found a new home.

Margaret said...

Love the little tooth pillow -- so sweet! Great news on the kittens. What cuties too!

Mouse said...

awww thats lovely about the wee kitties ....
love your tooth fairy pillow
and those trims wow what a bargain too :)
love mouse xxxxx

Topcho said...

The pillow os lovely... love the idea about the little pocket. And that's good news about the kittens.. with the cutest photos ever!

Laura said...

What wonderful news all around! So glad the kittens found good homes. Thank you for taking care of those sweethearts!!! Love your tooth fairy pillow! Can't wait to see your other finishes!

♥ Nia said...

adorable finish :)

Carol said...

I'll bet it was hard to say goodbye to the kitties, Nataly, but you sure gave them a great start in life...

Love the tooth fairy pillow--what a great idea!

Sarah said...

So glad the kitties all found good homes. Very sweet finish - I'm sure she'll love it.

Maggie said...

So glad the kitties found new forever homes.

Cute toot fairy pillow and a great buy with those trims!

Nicola said...

You are an inspiration with the work you do for the cats. God bless you.

What a bargain on those trims.

Chris said...

Hi Nataly.
It is great the hear that all the kittens have found homes. They all look so sweet.
The tooth fairy pillow is really sweet, your finishing is wonderful.
Great find at Michaels!!

Sally said...

I'm so glad that the kitties found nice new homes.

Love your finish and what a fantastic bargain!

Stitchabilities said...

I am glad they have their forever homes!!

Anonymous said...

The kittens are so cute (-: Glad that they found new homes. My four cats make paws high five.

Lynn said...

How wonderful that all the kittens have found forever homes! They sound like perfect matches too.

Angela Michaud-Mourer said...

Absolutely love your stitching and foster kittens! We have much in common with those two past times.