Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stash from Celebrations

Well, there was plenty of shopping to do at Celebrations.  I wish I could have taken a picture of the Vendors booths but wasn't sure how that would be received.  It was a hustle and bustle of activity and there were a variety of vendors: Olde Colonial Designs, Rosewood Manor, JBW, Scandanavian Stitches, The Quilted Crow, Inspired Needle, Keslyns, Still Stitchin with Susan, Thread Express, Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods, BritStitch, Heart's Content, Jeannette Douglass Designs, DoveStitch/Fabric Flair, It's Fine-ally Finished,  Needle in a Haystack and Wood Turnings by Cynthia.  I think it had a great variety of things to see and purchase.  I had the best of intentions, armed with a list and was going to stick to the list but only found 2 items from my list.  So the more browsing, the more fun stuff I found.



These are the latest kits from The Purple Thread. A new to me designer but I couldn't resist.  A needlebook, a scissor fob and a strawberry pincushion. Delightful!


A stop at Nifty Thrifty Dry Goods produced lots of incentive for finishing some of my UFO's. This booth had everything you could want for a trim, and buttons, buttons, and more buttons.  It was very inspiring. I also found some wooden thread keeps and spools as well as itty bitty crocheted flowers. Too Cute!!

Needle in a Haystack offered lots of needlework necessities, high count linens, and lots of silk fibers and ribbons.  I got myself a new 8" hoop, a piece of 45 count Vintage Porcelain linen and some NPI silks.

Jeannette Douglas, one of my faves, had a wonderful booth with lots of new offerings.  I manage to find kits for her quaker pincushions whick I already had the chart for, and fell in love with the stitched model of Vintage Starts so I had to have that.  Great Booth Jeannette!!

Inspired Needle is always one of my favorite stops.  Cathy and her staff are AWESOME!!  Everything in her booth is well organized and kitted.  Isn't that convenient!!  I found some great charts, beautiful silks and a wee pair of storklette scissors. 

This is my next to stitch piece.  I did get it at Inspired Needle as you can see everything I need but the fabric.  I will go stash diving for that.  I'm not sure if this happens to you, but sometimes I see a chart online and ehhh doesn't really appeal to me.  Well that's the case with this one, I didn't really love it until I saw the Thread pack.  The colors are beautiful. I also love working with Dinky Dyes silk and was sold. Can't wait to see how it works up.

Jackie of It's Fine-ally Finished has a marvelous booth full of inspiration and thoughtful ideas.  This year she had great shadow boxes filled with sewing trinkets and stitchy items.  One of the girls in my stitching booth bought one and started right in with her stitching smalls to put in it.  It's darling.  I got two of her kits and just couldn't resist some Scrimshaw pieces designed by Marcy.  Can you believe, a hinged ruler made of scrim??  I couldn't that's why I bought it.  Oh soo happy with that!!

And finally, Olde Colonial Designs.  I picked up a Lavender Sachet kit designed by Pam Reed, 2 small frames for my silk gauze pieces and a lovely pincushion/thread holder stand.  Wonderful items as always.
As you can see, I got carried away, BUT it was sooooo much fun!!  Thanks for hanging in and taking this shopping journey with me.  I hope you have a wonderful day and Happy Stitching!

24 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow! What a load! Gorgeous trims!! :)

Bekca said...

Wow, brilliant stash haul! I look forward to seeing some of your finished UFOs :)
Best wishes.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a great addition to the stash! Everything is just beautiful!

Barb said...

What an amazing shopping experience! Thanks for sharing it with us!

geeky Heather said...

Ohhhh, you got some really nice things! I'd love to see Jeannette Douglas's booth. I was already in love with Plum Pudding...but that silk pack! *swoons*

valerie said...

Wow, you got so many wonderful things! Love everything!

Carol B said...

I see a few things I didn't see when I was there. Know what that means?? ;-)

pam said...

Looks like you will be a busy lady in the future. Great haul!

Diana said...

Fun to see the stitching things you bought. Great finds!

MoonBeam said...

I was green with envy just about you being at Celebration...now I'm at least fifty shades of green(not grey!).

I have two of The Purple Thread pieces. Love the colors. I'll have to search for the third.

Your trims are lovely. The Ink Circles piece (think that's what it was) with those threads is gorgeous. Jackie always has some fun things. I can't even remember the rest...I'll have to take another lap by.

Great stash additions!

Bobbi

MoonBeam said...

I see it is Glendon Place, not Ink Circles. Looking is even more fun the second time thru!

Bobbi

Laura said...

Oh yeah!!! Total fun!! You got some great stuff and I am glad you enjoyed a visit to my LNS Inspired Needle!!! I could look at stash pictures all the live long day!!! Have fun with all of your new toys!!!

Patty C. said...

Interesting post - I enjoyed seeing all of your goodies ;)

Kathy Ellen said...

Oh Nataly, what an incredible treasure of stitching stash! It was wonderful seeing you at Celebrations, and catching up a bit:) So happy for you that you had a special getaway, with friends.

Blessings!

Veronica said...

Oh, what treasures you've acquired. I'm sure you'll have many hours of fun just fondling them ^.^

Hugs,
Veronica.

Catherine said...

So many lovely projects! Looking forward to seeing them grow. Great goodies all around.

Chris said...

Oh Nataly!
What wonderful new things. It sounds like the shopping was amazing. I love all the trims from the Dry Goods booth.

Teresa said...

Oh my I think you have hit the stashing jackpot. Wonderful new finds.
Go have fun with it all.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Carol said...

How wonderful to be surrounded by all those tempting things, Nataly--you sure made a haul! I especially love all the goodies from Nifty Thrify Dry Goods--just gorgeous :)

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, you sure came home with some nice things. Plum Pudding is definitely on my list of need to do's too. I love it!! I saw it at a 123stitch.com sale, and totally fell head over heels. I'll be watching for progress pics from you!

Mouse said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :) for some reason missed this one and so glad I found it .... *sigh having a real good drool over your purchases .... wish we could get some of those designers to come over here and we could see for real too .... happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Glad you had such a great time at Celebrations!!! Loved seeing all the wonderful things that you purchased!!! Looks like tons of stitching fun is in store for you!!!
Linda

Lynn said...

Wow, your new stash additions are just awesome! I've worked with Dinky Dyes silk and just love it. Celebrations certainly has a lot to offer and I wish I lived closer so I could participate as well. Lucky you!

Michele said...

drooling big time! awesome stuff!