Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Favorite Things Exchange

This month I was lucky enough to recieve this beautiful exchange.  I have been participating in Lainey's Stitched With Love Exchanges for a couple of years now and I have loved stitching up a surprise for someone and packing it with other stitchy goodness.  I talked my stitching twin into signing up to participate and guess what??  She got my name in the anonymous draw.  I ranted and raved to her about my package while she sat humblely and waited until the reveal to tell me it was from her.  Carol you are a gem.  Thank you for this wonderful package that really suited me.  I can officially say I have somenthing stitched by Carol.  Here is a closeup of the thread keep and scissor fob she stitched for me.  Simply AWESOME.  You can visit Carol at Stitching and Stashing.


Below is a picture of the package I put together for my partner, Karen.  She stated that her favorite color is red so I built my surprise from there.  I found some wonderfully cheerful cherry fabric and went with a red, black and white theme.  I got word from her that she was thrilled with her package and that made me smile.  I always worry how a package will be received and can breath a sigh of relief once I hear from the recipient.  I stitched a small piece by Shakespeares Peddler titled Patience and framed it in the most adorable little black frame that is hung by ribbon.  This exchange was lots of fun and I look forward to the next one.  I have been stitching away at it and look forward to mailing it out.

Thanks for stopping by.  Your comments me alot and encourage me to continue doing what I love. Stitching and sharing!!  Happy Stitching!

16 comments:

gracie said...

Great exchanges....

Phyllis said...

Love everything! Do you know the designer of the thread keep done in the blue and mounted on wood? Looks like BBD, but not sure. I love that.

Barb said...

I agree, that's a great blue. Nice exchanges!

Lesleyanne said...

Both exchanges sent and received are gorgeous.

Chris said...

These are such wonderful exchanges. Both given and received are lovely.
I need to find time to participate in some more of them.

Shirlee said...

Wonderful packages both given & received! It is funny that you had no idea your package was from Carol & you were raving to her about how wonderful it all was : )

valerie said...

What wonderful exchanges!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Lovely exchanges! So glad you had fun :) It's always really nice to do an exchange with someone who knows you well (even though you didn't know it at first)! That button fabric that you received is super cute, and all the lacy trims are so pretty!

Catherine said...

What beautiful exchanges! How fun that your friend had your name!

Christina said...

That's so funny that your friend Carol got your name! She put together a fabulous exchange for you. I especially like the needle minder.
I love the theme you went with for Karen - how sweet is that cherry fabric?!
I sent my exchange partner Melissa some of your lovely pins - she was thrilled with them! ;0)

Jules said...

Great packages! The stitched pieces are beautiful!!

Oh, and you've been tagged! Check out my blog...

RhondaWoman71 said...

Nataly
tag your it. see my blog
http://allthisabagofchipstoo.blogspot.com/

Patty C. said...

Wonderful exchanges!

Anne said...

Beautiful exchanges Nataly! I love both Carol's and your stitched pieces! I would be like you, worried!!

Anonymous said...

What a great exchange can't wait for our next one.....

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Both exchanges are just wonderful!!!
Linda