Friday, August 27, 2010

Lucky. . .

My youngest son found this four leafed clover while we were peach picking.  Any time he finds a clover patch he lays down and starts looking.  It never fails, through patience and perserverance that he manages to find a four leaf clover.  Today,  I needed this reminder to count my blessings and realize how very lucky I am.  As we head into fall, I am feeling blue because summer is ending, fall is near and winter is too close behind.  The boys will be in school next week which leaves this momma bird with an empty nest.  Oh, how will I ever fill my days.  (UMMM, hello, stitching, lots and lots of stitching)  As we head into the weekend, I am going to take time to count my many blessings and be happy with what I have been so fortunate to have recieved.  Although it is far from perfect it's mine!  Happy Weekend!  Hope it is filled with stitching.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky boy! That's amazing!

DonnaTN said...

Count your blessings is truly a wise saying. Hope the 4 leaf clover helps remind all of us.

Myra said...

What a sweet post Nataly. A gentle reminder for all of us. Thank you.

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely post. Lucky boy finding a four leaf clover.

Carol said...

Lovely thoughts, Nataly--I feel the same way :)

Denise said...

It's amazing when we think about all of the things we take for granted - they are all blessings!

I've been working on a SAL about our blessings. Many struggled to find blessings in their lives. The blessings are there - you just need to see them.

I understand about your empty nest - mine will be a little quieter come Monday too. Now, if DH would get called to work. Complete bliss!

Does your son keep all his 4 leaf clovers? What a neat collection.

Smiles - Denise

Judy S. said...

How true! Persistence, such as your son's, is admirable. I agree summer went by all too quickly, especially with its very late start in these parts!

Mary said...

How true, Nataly...we can learn so much from our kids. Happy to have found your blog! Hope what's left of the summer is memorable for you with your dear 4 (*HUGS*)

Blog Archive