Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!


I love reading everyone's blog and seeing what they are up to.  So many have made resolutions and set goals for the New Year. I don't make resolutions because I don't like to set boundaries on myself.  I hope to have a happy, healthy New Year and look forward to what is lying ahead.
  Lots have joined the Crazy and Up for a Challenge which I am thoroughly enjoying seeing all the new starts.  The only problem is that I have found lots of new "must have" patterns.
  Our New Years Eve and Day were rather quiet.  We tend not to go out because it is difficult to find a sitter for 4 on New Years Eve but I made the most of it.  We ordered Chinese Food and for the 1st time I told the boys they could stay up until midnight.  (Like something magical happens at the stroke of midnight)  Well, #2 son and #3 son fell asleep and my little man made it until midnight.  Look how tired he looks blowing his New Years horn and drinking his sparkling cider.  I also have a pic of #3 son showing what time he fell asleep. (oooohhhh almost!!)



On New Year's Day we took a long walk with the dogs.  The weather has been so crazy.  One week ago we had a blizzard, this weekend it was in the mid 50's with rain, now we have plunged back into the 30's.  I don't really like the fluctuation.  I would rather have all cold or all warm.
The boys went back to school today so I got a fair amount of stitching in.  I will post the pic and description tomorrow since my camera is down stairs and I am all cozied up in my stitching chair.  Thank you for all the comments, I look forward to hearing from all of you.  To all of bloggers who are participating in the challenges, keep up the beautiful work.  I look forward to seeing your progress on these throughout the year.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I find the challenge is enabling me too!
I wish the weather would stay stable. Too many people are getting ill.

Catherine said...

I didn't join the challenge either - but am feeling like you - more and more patterns on going on my wish list!

Your boys are adorable! This was the first year that all three of our boys stayed up past midnight!

Similar weather here - in the 40's for a couple of days, 30's today, 40's tomorrow and then cold for the remainder of the week.

Parsley said...

I'm not joining many challenges but the ORTs in a jar. ;-) I am making myself stitch one strand a day. I think I can hang onto that one.

Myra said...

Poor fellow - he was thisclose. :o)

Bekca said...

It looks like you had an enjoyable New Year even if it was a quiet one with the boys asleep :) I'm looking forward to seeing your latest project and I agree with you, all these new patterns keep jumping out at me to stitch! Best wishes.