Saturday, September 3, 2011

Visit to my LNS

The boys started school on Thursday despite the fact that alot of people in town are still without power.  The schools have power so they started a day later than expected.  Everyone seems happy with their teachers so far so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Since they had school I decided to pay a visit to my LNS which is not so local.  It's about 50minutes away and the traffic is always ridiculous.  I picked up a few Halloween goodies and some fabric and threads.  Here is the project I can't wait to start. (As a matter of fact, I had to put a few stitches in right when I got home)  It is Halloween Party by Just Nan.  I am stitching it on 28ct Cauldron by Picture this Plus with the recommended threads.  I will post progress when it actually starts to look like something.  I bought some other goodies but I won't post a pic, I don't want you to see how out of control my habit is.  Just Kidding!  I didn't think to take a pic.


Hope you have a lovely Stitching Weekend.





22 comments:

CalamityJr said...

I'm not always a huge fan of Halloween designs, but that is such a rich palette of colors. Can't wait to see your finish!

butterfly said...

Lovely chart and bright threads its going to look so good.

Nancy said...

Love the colors in that chart, so bright!

Bekca said...

Perfect autumnal colours in this design, can't wait to see it grow. Best wishes.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous new start - love the colours.

Leslie said...

I love it! It's the perfect project for September!
Happy stitching.

LisaG said...

Love the new project Nataly & the colours look lovely.

cucki said...

very sweet chart..have fun xx

Tracey said...

What a cute pattern... love it! Have fun stitching :^)

mdgtjulie said...

Ooooooh, look at the pretty oranges. I think I'm gonna like this project!!

Rowyn said...

Can't wait to see your JN Halloween piece progress. JN always use such vibrant pretty colours in their designs.

Teresa said...

I love all the bright colors laying on the linen. Is the LNS shop one we would pass on our way up to the retreat? We are looking for some from Boston.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

pam said...

Glad you made it through the storm okay. Teresa told me she had chatted with you by email and you were okay.Nothing like a little me time after having the kids all summer. stitch away my friend :)

Sally said...

Lovely new stash. Can't wait to see your progress on this:)

Susan said...

Oooo, love the colors in this one! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Chris said...

Beautiful new stash Nataly!
I love the fall colors.

Janice Boucher said...

love your new WIP. Which LNS did you go to? We now go to Hoops and Needles in Walpole... it's the closest to us since Deb closed her shop.

Janice Boucher said...

oops! Never mind... I enlarged the pic of your new chart and saw her label on it. Isn't that the cutest little shop? Ellen is so pleasant. "Hoops" is about a 45 min drive for us too here in the Swansea/Somerset area, but so worth the trip!
I look forward to seeing your finish. Love the colors!

Shelleen said...

I love that pattern.

Jenny said...

Great pick, Nataly! Just Nan is just fabulously talented - especially when it comes to Halloween.
Love your pic with all those colors together; it looks so pretty!

DonnaTN said...

What a cute project. I love the fabric and floss colors.

Lynn said...

I love Halloween designs and this one is a great one! It must be so nice to have a LNS withing driving distance of your home. I miss being able to see fabric up close. The online photos just don't seem to cut it.

Blog Archive